In order to preserve the beauty of your silk scarf you must avoid contact with rain and harsh chemicals, and we recommend you to entrust it to a specialized professional for cleaning.
Store your scarf neatly folded in the box it came with when not in use. Note that some jewelry and other accessories risk tearing out threads or in other ways destroying the slightly delicate fabric of the scarf. Silk exposed to direct sunlight for a longer period will damage the fibers.
Woolly scarves and hats are essential for the cold winter months or chilly summer evenings, to keep you warm and still look great. Though it is a strong, natural material, it is essential that you treat it correctly in order to keep it looking good for many years. We recommend you send it to a specialized professional dry cleaner to make your Bella Ballou product last year after year.
If you wish to hand wash, please follow this guide:
- Fill up your washbasin with lukewarm water aprox. 30 and add special detergent suitable for wool.ol.
- Add your scarf or hat and gently swirl it around in the soapy water until it is fully soaked.
- Do not wring, twist or rub the wool, but leave it to soak for a while, if there are visible stains.
- Pour out the soapy water and pour in some new, fresh, cold water and gently swirl your scarf / hat around to loosen up leftover dirt and soap. Repeat until the water runs clean.
- To dry, lay it flat on a clean towel, then press and roll the towel to gently squeeze out excess water. When still damp, gently reshape the wool into correct shape. You can leave it to dry completely on a clothes line. Do not tumble dry.
Air drying your wool scarf or hat
As wool is naturally antibacterial, due to its lanolin content, it has self-cleaning properties.
Often ventilating wool is enough. Just shake it and hang it outside to self-clean and freshen up. Do not expose to direct sunlight for a longer period, since this will damage the fibers.
Do you have any questions, comments or complains related to Bella Ballou please contact us via the CONTACT US page and submit your query.