- From cookies when you visit our websites, e.g. IP address, country, pages displayed, categories displayed, brands displayed, interactions/clicks and searches.
- From purchases, e.g. demographical data, email address, payment details, features, order total, discount level, brands and frequency. This includes the sending of transaction emails, e.g. order confirmation, dispatch confirmation and refund confirmation.
- From user behaviour and engagement with sent communications (email or direct mail), e.g. opening speed, click speed and time spent reading the emails, sender domain and type of email client.
- From users who provide information about themselves (e.g. by adding information to their customer profile)
- From credit rating information supplied by a third-party rating company.
The purpose of this data collection relates to several areas:
- To fulfil our obligations to you as a customer or user of our service – such as e.g. purchases, invoicing and customer services.
- Customer Services. To be able to perform Customer Services tasks via email, chat or phone. To answer questions relating to your order or previous orders, correct errors and guide the customer.
- To display inspiration, product deals/services and personalised recommendations via web, email, direct mail, phone and via third-party marketing activities.
- Customer experience. To improve the customer experience in interactions with Bella Ballou, such as personalisation of your experience at Bellaballou.com, development of new features, services and products. This also includes administrating, protecting, running and maintaining our websites, system administration and security and consent to aggregated statistics on the use of the site, purchases and improving our understanding of our customers’ preferences.
- Fraud and risk. To prevent fraud and perform risk assessments.
- To comply with relevant legislation.
Bella Ballou creates individual customer profiles based on data collected about you across all data sources/categories, e.g. browsing behaviour along with your purchases and information you have provided (e.g. favourite brand and favourite products). We combine and analyse this data for the purposes of improving your experience at Bellaballou.com and customising personalised offers and services as well as defining the frequency of communication.
The messages you receive from us via email are customised for you in line with your data, browsing behaviour, buying behaviour and how much you engage with the communication we share with you via email. Time period for data storage We do not store your personal data for any longer than is necessary for us to be able to fulfil the purposes described above, or than we are obliged to according to the law. After this, your personal data will be erased. Invoices are saved in accordance with the Danish Bookkeeping Act, and customer club data is saved for 36 months from the last point of activity.
Updates to our policy on the protection of personal data: It may be necessary for us to update our policy on the protection of personal data. The latest version of our policy on the protection of personal data will always be available on our website. We will communicate all important changes to our policy on the protection of personal data, e.g. changes to the purposes for which we use your personal data, to who is responsible for it or to your rights.
What are cookies used for at Bellaballou.com?
Amongst other things, third-party cookies are used to create statistics about your visits to Bellaballou.com – in this case, we use the cookie to see e.g. which pages you visit and how long you spend on them. For this we use the Google Analytics system provided by Google. You can opt out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
To ensure that our email newsletters do not end up in your spam folder, we monitor whether the messages sent to individual recipients have been delivered. We use third-party software to follow up on these emails and analyse the ability to deliver them.
Your rights as a data subject at Bellaballou.com
As a data subject at Bellaballou.com, you have the right to request access to the data we process on you. You also have the right to request that we rectify, erase or restrict our processing of your personal data. You can also object to our processing of data on you, and if your objection is deemed justified, your personal data will be erased or blocked.
Contact If you would like us to update, rectify or erase the data we have on you, or you wish to request access to the data, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Complaints If you wish to make a complaint about the processing of your personal data, you can contact email@example.com. You can also contact the Danish Data Protection Agency (Datatilsynet), Borgergade 28, 5. 1300 Copenhagen, Denmark.
We can reject requests that are repeated without reason, that require a disproportionately large technical intervention (e.g. development of a new system or considerable changes to existing processes), that affect other individuals’ personal data, or requests that are extremely impractical (e.g. data from backup systems). All requests relating to this should be directed to customer services via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Protection of personal data According to the law, personal data must be stored securely and confidentially. We store your personal data on high-security servers located in controlled facilities, and our security measures are regularly checked to determine whether our user information is being processed securely, and with constant consideration for your rights as a user. However, we cannot guarantee that data transfers over the internet are 100% secure. This means that there is also a risk that other, unauthorised parties can force access to data when it is transmitted and stored electronically. You provide your personal data at your own risk. Personal data is erased or anonymised continually as the purpose for which it was collected is completed.
The rapid development of the internet means that changes to our processing of personal data may be necessary. We therefore reserve the right to update and change these guidelines for the processing of personal data. If we do this, we will of course correct the ‘last updated’ date at the bottom of the page. If there are significant changes, we will inform you via a visible announcement on our websites. You can contact Bellaballou.com via: Email: email@example.com Or via letter to: Bella Ballou ApS Skovlytoften 1 DK-2840 Holte
Version 2 – March 2020