To preserve the beauty of your Silk scarf you must avoid contact with rain and harsh chemicals, and we recommend that you leave it to a specialized professional for cleaning.
If you want to wash by hand, follow these instructions:
- Fill your sink with lukewarm water (about 30°C) and add a special detergent suitable for Silk..
- Place your Scarf in the sink, gently swirl it around in the soapy water until it is completely soaked.
- Do not wring or rub the silk, but let it soak for a while if there are visible stains.
- Pour out the soapy water and pour in some new, fresh, cold water and gently swirl your Scarf around to loosen the dirt and soap back. Repeat until the water drains clean.
- To dry, lay the silk scarf flat on a clean towel, then press and roll the towel to gently squeeze out excess water. Do not tumble dry.
- Always iron on the lowest heat and when the scarf is still damp. Do not use spot steaming as this can cause permanent stains.
Store your Scarf neatly folded in the box that came with it. Please note that jewelery and other accessories run the risk of tearing out threads or otherwise damaging the scarf's delicate fabric. Silk exposed to direct sunlight for an extended period will damage the fibers.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY WOOL TOWEL??
and hats are great in the cold winter months or cool summer evenings to keep you warm and look great at the same time. Although it is a strong, natural material, it is important that you treat it correctly to keep it looking good for many years. We recommend that you send it to a specialized, professional dry cleaner to keep your Bella Ballou Scarf nice and fresh year after year. If you want to wash by hand, follow these instructions:
- Fill your sink with lukewarm water (about 30 ) and add a special detergent suitable for Woold
- Place your woolen scarf in and gently swirl it around in the soapy water until it is completely soaked
- Do not wring or rub the wool, but let it soak for a while if there are visible stains
- Pour out the soapy water and pour in some new, fresh, cold water and gently swirl your Scarf/hat around to loosen dirt and soap. Repeat until the water drains clean
- To dry, lay it flat on a clean towel, then press and roll the towel to gently squeeze out excess water. While still damp, gently reshape the wool into the correct shape. You can let it dry completely on a clothesline. Do not tumble dry.
Air dry your wool scarf or hat: Since Wool is naturally antibacterial due to its lanolin content, it has self-cleaning properties. Often, ventilation of Wool is enough. Just shake it and hang it outside to clean itself and freshen up. Do not expose to direct sunlight for an extended period as this will damage the fibers.
If you have any other questions or comments, please feel free to use our contact form: